Job Posting - Podcast Producer and Host (posted Dec. 29, 2020)
Capital Daily is hiring a podcast producer to create a thoughtful, insightful, and fun podcast that will make sense of Victoria and Vancouver Island. Join our growing team to set the pace for the future of Capital Daily podcasts.
This position reports to the Managing Editor and coordinates with the editorial team. The podcast should take an issues-first approach, seeking out interview subjects based on their ability to meaningfully contribute to the question at hand.
What you'll do:
- Oversee all aspects of production of a podcast that will make sense of Victoria and Vancouver Island
- Identify and chase guests and contributors for the podcast
- Coordinate with the Capital Daily team, making use of their reporting to shape the direction of the podcast
- Attend daily story meetings
- Develop content adjacent to the podcast, like social media posts, newsletter content, transcripts, and, occasionally, articles related to podcast episodes
- Daily schedule is flexible, but regular output is critical
- Minimum 2 years professional audio production experience
- Ability to script and edit issue-driven narrative
- A degree or diploma in journalism or broadcasting, or equivalent experience is preferred
- Great editorial judgment and instincts
- Strong live interviewing skills
- Proficiency in audio mixing
- Proficiency with studio and field recording equipment and hardware
- Ability to work in Adobe Audition or equivalent software
- Comprehensive Benefits Package after three months of employment
To apply, click here and use the form. Email submissions will not be accepted.
Capital Daily is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job posted on December 29, 2020.